23 Vintage Ads That Would Be Banned Today
- August 16, 2016
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Uncategorized
We live in a world created by marketers and advertisers whether we like it or no. These are two very powerful tools in our market and most are controversial because they aim to get more attention and sadly they have a very powerful force which shapes or behavior and attitudes as well as the way we think from the late 1940’s when it got into radio to the beginning of the 20th century.
Advertising as well as advertisers don’t try hard to conform to moral standards, but after looking back at some offensive, racist and sexist vintage ads – today’s ads are one to loom at.
Besides other thins such as being discriminating, vintage ads were also full of lies because an interesting fact is that– the first American advertisement to use a sexual sell was created by a woman for a soap product and that is something most people didn’t know.
This is a piece of history worth seeing, look at these 25 offensive vintage ads and enjoy.
1. The Harder A Wife Works, The Cuter She Looks!
2. Men Ask “Is She Pretty?” Not “Is She Clever?”
3. Doesn’t Your Mama Wash You With Fairy Soap?
4. Use “Chlorinol” And Be Like De White Nigger
5. Cocaine Toothache Drops
6. Keep Her Where She Belongs…
7. Cochon Prodigue
8. Show Her It’s A Man’s World
9. That’s What Wives Are For!
10. Youngest Customers In The Business
11. Don’t Worry Darling, You Didn’t Burn The Beer!
12. Men Are Better Than Women!
13. If Your Husband Ever Finds Out..
14. More Doctors Smoke Camels
15. More Doctors Smoke Camels #2
16. Blow In Her Face
17. Begin Early.Shave Yourself
18. It’s Nice To Have A Girl Around The House
19. Because Innocence Is Sexier Than You Think
20. Smoking Santa
21. Merry Christmas For Every Smoker!
22. Is It Always Illegal To Kill A Woman?
23. SEGA: The More You Play The Harder It Gets
You sit there, eyes glued to the writhing, arcade-quality graphics, pulling and squeezing your knob…